Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tour de Fleece, Day 2

Second day of the tour, and I enjoyed another vacation from housework!

This morning I finished the third of the four smaller pieces for the fractal spinning.


 Decided to give myself a break and start the big piece on another bobbin.  Finished about a third of it.


Comparing the two bobbins, it's easy to see that there will definitely be some interesting color mixing.  You can see bits of all the different colors in the top photo.  But in the bottom photo, you can see only the last three or so colors spun.  I'm looking forward to seeing the results when these two are plied.

On the fitness challenge side, we took Bunny Watson with us to the lounge at the Bowlium, where we teach a West Coast class every Sunday.  We've just added a half-hour to the lesson specifically for woyking on the basics, and tonight we stayed an extra half hour to let the class practice what they've been learning -- so I got in about an hour more than usual.  Bunny only got to spin a tiny bit while there, but at least she was present while we worked.

Here's Bunny relaxing while we get ready to dance.  No dancers wanted to appear in the photo.



  Today I started using a new battery I bought from Amazon.com -- the Anker Astro3.  It weighs 11 ounces, compared to the 15 ounces of the blue battery I got from a Chinese ebay seller.  It comes with plugs for powering all kinds of phones and small personal electronics -- so maybe I won't be running around with a dead iPhone at the most inconvenient times.  One other advantage to the Anker is that the connecting wires are not fixed to the battery. I worry that the two wires coming out of the blue battery are going to get bent or broken, and then the whole battery is useless.


Comparing the Footprints of the Two Batteries








I had the Anker battery going for several hours.  I ran out of steam before it could, so I can’t say how long the battery life is, but it’s far more than one average day of spinning for me.  And being as obsessive about being prepared as I am, I just ordered a second one.   Next time we have a power outage, I'll still have my phone and my eSpinner.  What else does a girl need?

Don't answer that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments to weed out trolls and keep my blog family friendly. That said, I welcome your comments and questions!

If blogger won't let you comment for some reason, come over to Ravelry and find me. I'm NewSpinster there!