Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cotton,cotton, cotton, part 2

Checked my cotton seedlings first thing this morning, and all but two seeds have sprouted and outgrown the germination station!  Was forced to visit Harbor Freight (one of my favorite stores) and buy them a portable greenhouse.

Why is it that a do-it-yourself assembly makes me feel so accomplished?  Even when it's simpler than the Lego toys I played with as a little girl?  Anyway, I assembled the greenhouse all by myself, didn't break any parts or have any bits left over, and I'm unjustifiably proud! 

The aluminum plant markers came today, so each jiffy pellet has its own numbered label cross-referenced to my seed list.  The germination station looked so lonely with only one jiffy pellet left, I decided to start some new seeds -- four each of Judy's brown and Kathleen's white cotton.  Decided to live life on the edge and put two of each in the station, and try the rest directly in the greenhouse.  Would try some right in the ground, but I know the birds would eat them as soon as they popped up, so won't even bother.

Once they start to appear, the seedlings grow so fast you can almost see them getting taller before your eyes..


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate comments to weed out trolls and keep my blog family friendly. That said, I welcome your comments and questions!

If blogger won't let you comment for some reason, come over to Ravelry and find me. I'm NewSpinster there!